By Sarah Cheyette, M.D.
A Doctor’s Guide to Your Child’s Headaches
It’s time to go to school, but your child’s still in bed—with another headache. What’s a parent to do?
Mommy, My Head Hurts by Dr. Sarah Cheyette, a pediatric neurologist and mother of two young children, gives parents the information they need to deal with their child’s headaches and improve the quality of life for the entire family. Featuring numerous case studies drawn from her treatment of hundreds of patients, Dr. Cheyette gives concrete advice for treating headaches in all children, from infants through teenagers, and offers information on the newest medications and most innovative non-drug therapies.
In her clear, lively, easy-to-understand style, Dr. Cheyette answers parents’ most pressing questions, such as:
- How can I identify and treat pain in my baby? My toddler? My teen?
- What are the possible causes of my child’s headache?
- What are all the treatment options for my child’s pain? Which option is best?
- How can I prepare my child for a doctor’s visit?
- What questions should my doctor ask to ensure an accurate diagnosis of my child’s headache?
- What are our options if we’ve already seen a doctor…and the headache still isn’t going away?
Dr. Cheyette believes that the problem of headaches in children is enormous, but that it has been under-appreciated for a variety of reasons. She would like to give these children (and their affected families) more of a voice. This book is intended to make you feel more in control of a difficult situation.
Filled with examples, resources, and a sample headache diary, Dr. Cheyette’s book is the definitive guide for families and caregivers who want to help a child overcome headache pain. Use it, with the medical resources available to you, to help your child.